Our Juniors program (teens) at El Dorado Hills Brazilian Jiu Jitsu emphasizes and promotes a fun and healthy approach to training the mind and body while challenging the student mentally and physically. We believe that the challenges on the mat along with intentional coaching of life skills are essential at this age.
As part of the life skills coaching, the student will learn how to:
- Better communicate with their peers and adults
- Lead and follow the goals of a team
- Handle themselves in bullying and self defense situations
- Show respect with their words and actions
- Persever and overcome challenges on the mat
Our curriculum has been designed for the student to learn elements of jiujitsu and exercise rigorously while being challenged and having fun! Each class is designed to build on skills from the previous classes while allowing for new students to join and learn the necessary skills.
- Starter Program: Monday & Wednesday – 6:10pm – 7:05pm
- Colored Belts also meet on Friday – 7:00-8:00pm
After students go through a three year curriculum with us or turn age 14, they advance to the Adults Jiu-Jitsu Class. Although the curriculum is similar, the emphasis shifts to a more challenging atmosphere as they mature cognitively and physically. Students interested in our World Class Athlete Program will be challenged to build upon their skills they already possess in winning a World Championship Title.