Our kids program at El Dorado Hills Brazilian Jiu Jitsu emphasizes and promotes a fun and healthy approach to training the mind and body. We believe that the challenges on the mat along with intentional coaching of life skills are essential at this age.
As part of the life skills coaching, the student will learn how to:
- Better communicate with their peers and adults
- Lead and follow the goals of a team
- Handle themselves in bullying and self defense situations
- Show respect with their words and actions
Our curriculum has been designed for the student to learn elements of jiujitsu and exercise rigorously all while having fun! Each class is designed to build on skills from the previous classes while allowing for new students to begin to learn the needed skills.
- View our online calendar for an updated schedule
After students go through a three year curriculum with us or turn age ten, they advance to the Juniors Jiu-Jitsu Class. Although the curriculum is similar the emphasis shifts to a more challenging atmosphere as they mature cognitively and physically.
BJJ Parent Guide:
Jiu Jitsu requires complex motor skills and timing. Giving your child time to struggle and fail will give them the opportunity to learn and succeed!
Help us by:
– Always bring water to class.
– Practice tying the belt with your child.
– Refrain from coaching while as a parent, and instead join us as an assistant coach on the mat.
– Have fun with “child led play” of jiujitsu at home.
– Reinforce the mat chats and lessons from class.